When a potential resident sees a meager 1.2 star rating… “They’ll always remember you that way.” Ready to take control of your “shallow” rating and make it sing?!
Your Google Star Rating is often the first thing potential residents see when they discover your facility online. Many SNF operators don’t give even a moment’s thought to the “online front door” of their facility. Now, if you’re reading this, it’s very likely you’re NOT one of those operators and are actually acutely aware of your facility’s rating, for better or worse. Sure, you know that number is important, but do you know HOW critical to your success it truly is? Or, if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of a low score — do you know how to fix it?
Skilled nursing facility online reputation management is crucial for any facility looking to boost their census and increase their profitability. In the case of a skilled nursing facility, online reviews can make or break a business, and Google star ratings play a significant role in that. Join us as we take a closer look at what Google star ratings represent for a skilled nursing facility, why they are so pivotal to your census goals, and what steps you can take to improve them.
What Do Google Star Ratings Represent for Skilled Nursing Facilities?
Google star ratings represent the average score a skilled nursing facility has received from patients who have left a review on Google. These reviews can be positive, negative, or neutral, and the star rating is an average of all reviews received. Star ratings are represented on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest rating a facility can receive. Google star ratings are crucial for skilled nursing facilities because they provide potential patients and their families with an immediate initial impression of the quality of care provided by the facility. A high star rating can attract new patients and generate more revenue, while a low rating can cause prospective patients to look elsewhere.
Why Google Star Ratings are Crucial for Skilled Nursing Facilities
Google star ratings are crucial for skilled nursing facilities for several reasons. As we stated above, they are a critical component of the “first impression” your facility makes with potential residents and their families.
Google star ratings can also impact search engine rankings. Google takes into account the quality and quantity of reviews a skilled nursing facility has received when determining search rankings. This means that facilities with higher star ratings and more reviews are more likely to rank higher in search results, making it easier for prospective patients and their families to find your facility.
For example, if a potential resident searched for “nursing home near Schenectady NY” or “near me”, Google will place the skilled nursing facilities with the higher Google Star ratings HIGHER in the search results page than those with lower ratings. It doesn’t matter if your facility is closer to the “searcher”, has a better DON, or even if it’s newly renovated – if your star rating is lower, you’re getting ranked lower.
(See how the higher star rated facilities are listed first under “Places?”)
Google star ratings can help skilled nursing facilities identify areas for improvement in their care and customer service. By monitoring their ratings and reviews, facilities can quickly identify areas where they may be falling short and make improvements to ensure that patients and their families have a positive experience. If every negative review you receive mentions a specific employee, a terrible odor, or an unpleasant customer service experience, you now know exactly what you need to address to help improve your customer experience.
How to Boost Your Skilled Nursing Facility’s Google Star Rating
Improving your skilled nursing facility’s Google star ratings can be challenging, but it’s essential to put your best foot forward. Here are a few ways to boost your facility’s Google star rating:
- Encourage patients and their families to leave reviews: The more reviews a skilled nursing facility has, the more accurate the star rating will be. Encourage patients and their families to leave reviews by sending follow-up emails or providing a link to your facility’s Google My Business page on your website. TypoDuctions provides an incredible microsite to our clients called “RevYouMePlease” – this page directs positive reviews straight to Google, and negative reviews get sent to your private inbox, not the theater of public opinion on the Internet. Additionally, the TypoDuctions digital check-in kiosk has helped facilities generate hundreds of reviews.
- Respond to reviews: Responding to reviews, particularly negative ones, shows that you care about your patients and are willing to address their concerns. It also demonstrates to prospective patients and their families that you take their feedback seriously and are willing to go above and beyond to provide excellent care. If you are unsure of the appropriate response that will not only frame you in the best light, but not violate any HIPPA laws, schedule a call with a TypoDuctions online reputation specialist today via firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Provide high-quality care and excellent customer service: One of the best ways to boost your skilled nursing facility’s Google star ratings is to provide exceptional care and customer service. This means going the extra mile to ensure that patients and their families are satisfied with their experience. Happy patients are more likely to leave positive reviews and recommend your facility to others. Easier said than done, huh?
- Monitor your ratings: Keep an eye on your skilled nursing facility’s Google star ratings and reviews. This will allow you to quickly address any negative reviews and identify any issues that may be causing patients and their families to leave negative feedback. TypoDuctions offers a full scale online reputation monitoring service, so as soon as any feedback is posted online, whether positive or negative, you will be informed and the review will be handled in the most appropriate and strategic manner.
- Google star ratings represent the average score a facility has received from patients who have left a review on Google, and they play a significant role in attracting new patients, improving search engine rankings, and identifying areas for improvement in care and customer service.
- To improve your skilled nursing facility’s Google star ratings, it’s essential to encourage patients and their families to leave reviews, respond to reviews, provide high-quality care and customer service, and monitor your ratings. By focusing on these areas, you can improve your facility’s online reputation and attract more patients to your facility.
Online reputation management is crucial for any business, including skilled nursing facilities. Google Star Ratings are an essential aspect of online reputation management and can impact a facility’s ability to attract new patients and generate more revenue. By focusing on improving your skilled nursing facility’s Google star rating, you can improve your online reputation and continue to provide exceptional care to your patients and their families.
We would love to partner with you to craft an impeccable online persona for your business. Utilizing technology, a team of monitoring professionals, and social media tactics to help increase your positive review count, TypoDuctions can help make you a “star” online!